"Uncle Louie" Summer Heritage Tour
Join the "host with the most" for your trip to China! Let Louie Yi, tour guide extraordinaire and President of Lotus Travel, take care of all the details as you relax and enjoy all the moments with your family. Climb the Great Wall and explore the iconic spots in Beijing; take in the ancient wonders of Xian; hug a panda in Chengdu; enjoy the family "downtime" and the hands-on activities throughout the journey. Your family will relish the "slice of life" moments, such as a home stay; visiting a rural school; bamboo rafting; making dumplings; receiving a cooking lesson, flying kites and much more! Join a group and let your kids have the time of their life exploring the key culture spots; then have private family time as you explore your child's hometown area and choose your gateway departure city. This trip offers the best of everything - the best guide, the best schedule and the best time:)! Contact Louie at email@example.com today to find out more.
Beijing/Xian Soft Sleeper Train Z19 (9:24P/8:25A + 1 day) (Your tour guide has tickets)
Tonight you will have the rare opportunity to stay at a typical farmer's home to learn to make JiaoZi (traditional Chinese dumplings) and enjoy a home-made JiaoZi dinner there. After dinner, tonight you will have a dancing party with local farmers at the village grain-sunning ground.
You will be transferred to the Xian Airport for your flight to Chengdu at noon.
Xian/Chengdu 3U8802 (1:30P/2:50P)(Your local guide has tickets)
Please meet your local guide and driver at the Chengdu airport exit for transfer to the hotel.
Notes: When you tour the Panda Reserve Center, you will receive an introduction to panda research at the reserve followed by the opportunity to meet and hold a baby panda. Please note that the cost of holding the panda and taking a picture with one is an additional fee to the entry fee which is RMB2,000.00/per person for holding a baby panda. Although the Pandas are cute and adorable, they may inflict accidental injuries in their playful nature.
You will be transferred to the Chengdu Airport for your trip to Guilin late this afternoon.
Chengdu/Guilin CA4323 (7:30P/9:05P) (Your tour guide has tickets)
Meet your tour guide at the Guilin Airport exit for transfer to the hotel.
- B = Breakfast L = Chinese Lunch D = Chinese Dinner
CA= Air China CZ=China Southern Airline MU=China Eastern Airlines
|Beijing .||Novotel Peace Hotel|
|Xian .||Days Hotel & Suites Xinxing, Xi'an|
|Chengdu .||Antai Anrong Hotel, Chengdu|
|Guilin .||Sheraton Guilin Hotel|
|Guilin .||Jasper International Hotel, Yangshuo|
- Beijing/Xian soft sleeper train tickets.
- Airfare of Xian/Chengdu/Guilin.
- Airport/hotel/airport (or train station) transfer as listed on itinerary.
- All listed sightseeing and tour programs with private English-speaking tour guide and private van or bus with driver.
- Hotels and meals as stipulated on itinerary.
- All prices are quoted in US Dollars and are subject to change without notice. Please check at time of booking.
- All prices are quoted per person based on two people sharing a room (double occupancy). Single supplement applies for single travelers.
- US/China/US international airfare. Please contact us for discount international airfare starting from your city.
- Passport and/or China Visa Fees
- Some meals
- Tips to guides and drivers
- Expenses of a personal nature
- Orphanage visit filing fee
- Extending trip to orphanage cities or other destination cities which can be arranged with extra cost by Lotus Travel.
- The cost of holding the panda and taking a picture is additional to the entry fee. The cost is RMB 2,000.00/per person for holding a baby panda. Although the Pandas are cute and adorable, they may inflict accidental injuries in their playful nature.
- For different scheduled tour, please contact us for a price quote
- A child has to be less than 12 years old to receive a discount.
- Twin beds in China hotels, about 50 inches wide, are closer in width to the 54" double size beds in the U.S., and much wider than the 39 inches wide twin beds found in U.S. homes.
- A soft sleeper train compartment is equipped with two bunk beds and sleeps four. If there are less than four people in your party, Lotus Travel highly recommends purchasing the extra seats in the compartment to ensure privacy.
- If your itinerary states "free time" or "free day", no activities would be planned for you and your English-speaking tour guide and driver would not be present.
- Lotus Travel highly recommends clients to purchase travel insurance. The Travel Plus Plan offered by the Travelex Insurance Company has excellent travel benefits and children 15 and under are free of charge when traveling with an adult.
- A Chinese visa issued at the Chinese Consulate in Los Angeles is good for 6 months. We recommend applying for travel visas at least two months before your departure. For detailed information, please visit the Web page at http://www.lotustours.net/promo/visas/index.shtml
- Lotus Travel offers a very affordable cell phone rental package to help you stay in touch with families while in China. Please contact our cell phone rental specialist Theresa for more details.
- A $500.00 per person non-refundable deposit is due at the time of registration.
- Balance is due 60 days before departure.