"Uncle Louie" Heritage Tour
Join the "host with the most" for your trip to China! Climb the Great Wall and explore the iconic spots in Beijing; take in the ancient wonders of Xian; visit the Panda Breeding Research Base in Chengdu; enjoy the family "downtime" and the hands-on activities throughout the journey. Your family will relish the "slice of life" moments, such as a home stay; visiting a rural school; bamboo rafting; making dumplings; receiving a cooking lesson much more! Join a group and let your kids have the time of their life exploring the key culture spots; then have private family time as you explore your child's hometown area and choose your gateway departure city. This trip offers the best of everything -- the best guide, the best schedule and the best time:)! Contact Louie at email@example.com today to find out more.
This morning explores the fascinating Hutong neighborhoods. Beijing’s oldest Hutongs were constructed during Yuan, Ming and Qing dynasties. Your tour will take you through some of the best-preserved Hutong neighborhoods that represent the history, culture and lifestyle of old Beijing. After a special homemade lunch at a local family residence in the Hutong Lane area, you will visit the Summer Palace in afternoon.
Begin your day with a tour at the Forbidden City. Listed as a world heritage site in 1987, the Forbidden City contains the largest group of intact palace structures in the world. The palace is 720,000 square meters in size and contains 9,999 rooms, numerous pavilions, gardens and courtyards. Then visit the Tiananmen Square. Noted as the largest city square in the world, the square was initially designed for political rallies and important gala events. Today the square is flanked by the Forbidden City in the north, the Great Hall of the People in the west, Mao TseTung’s Mausoleum in the south and the Museum of Chinese Revolution and the Museum of Chinese History in the east. After the included Chinese lunch, get onboard a bullet train for your journey to Xian.
Beijing/Xian Bullet Train G661(4:15P/9:57P) (Your tour guide has tickets)
Arrive at the Xian Bei (North) Train Station. Meet your local English-speaking tour guide and private van driver at the station exit for transfer to the hotel.
Tonight you will have the rare opportunity to stay at a typical farmer's home to learn to make JiaoZi (traditional Chinese dumplings) and enjoy a home-made JiaoZi dinner there. After dinner, tonight you will have a dancing party with local farmers at the village grain-sunning ground.
You will be transferred to the Xian Bei (North) Train Station for the trip to Chengdu by bullet train.
Xian/Chengdu Bullet Train D1937(2:00P/5:43P) (Your local guide has tickets) Arrive at the Chengdu Dong (East) Train Station. Please meet your local guide and driver at the station exit for transfer to the hotel.
Go on an extraordinary journey to the Panda Breeding Research Base this morning. After lunch, visit the Chengdu old town – JingLi Street, which combines the culture of the Three Kingdoms Period with the folk customs of Sichuan. The tea-houses, stores and hotels are modeled on the architectural style of a traditional old town in western Sichuan Province from the Qing (1644-1911) Dynasty. As you stroll down the narrow streets, you will find local artisan Shu Embroidery, lacquer products, calligraphy work and other local handicrafts. Visiting stores on this street, one feels like you have catapulted back in time and you will appreciate the relaxing and local unique flavor of this ancient street.
You will be transferred to the Chengdu Airport for your trip to Guilin at late afternoon.
Chengdu/Guilin CA4323(7:15P/8:55P)(E-tickets issued by our China office)
Meet your tour guide at the Guilin Airport exit for transfer to the hotel.
You will be transferred to Yangshuo this morning by a private bus. This morning, your family gets a “hands on” opportunity with a cooking class in one of the local restaurants. Then relax and enjoy your own cooked Chinese lunch. After the lunch, enjoy a bamboo rafting trip on the Yulong River in afternoon. The Yulong River is a branch of the Li River. Its scenery is even more beautiful than the scenery along the Li River. Your children will love the bamboo rafting on the Yulong River than the tourist cruise on the Li River.
You will be transferred back to Guilin at late afternoon.
- B = Breakfast L = Chinese Lunch D = Chinese Dinner
CA= Air China CZ=China Southern Airline MU=China Eastern Airlines
|Beijing .||Beijing Peace Hotel|
|Xian .|| |
Holiday Inn Xian Big Goose Pagoda
|Hu County.||Donghan Village|
|Chengdu .|| |
Minshan Lhasa Grand Hotel, Chengdu
|Guilin .||Guilin Exhibition Int’l Hotel|
|Hotel||Indoor Pool||Outdoor Pool||Gym||Safe Box||Refrigerator||Hair Dryer||Kitchen|
|Beijing Peace Hotel||√||√||√||√||√|
|Holiday Inn Xi'an Big Goose Pagoda||√||√||√||√||√|
Minshan Lhasa Grand Hotel, Chengdu
|Guilin Exhibition Int’l Hotel||√||√||√||√||√|
- Bullet train fare of Beijing/Xian/Chengdu;
- Airfare of Chengdu/Guilin;
- Airport/hotel/airport (or train station) transfer as listed on itinerary.
- All listed sightseeing and tour programs with private English-speaking tour guide and private van or bus with driver.
- Hotels and meals as stipulated on itinerary.
- All prices are quoted in US Dollars and are subject to change without notice. Please check at time of booking.
- All prices are quoted per person based on two people sharing a room (double occupancy). Single supplement applies for single travelers.
- N. America/China/N. America int’l airfare. Please contact us for discount international airfare starting from your city.
- Passport and/or China Visa Fees
- Some meals
- Tips to guides and drivers
- Expenses of a personal nature;
- Extending trip to orphanage city or other destination cities after Guilin which can be arranged with extra cost by us;
- For different scheduled tour, please contact us for a price quote
- A child has to be less than 12 years old to receive a discount.
- Twin beds in China hotels, about 40 – 50 inches wide, are closer in width to the 54" double size beds in the U.S., and much wider than the 39 inches wide twin beds found in U.S. homes.
- If your itinerary states "free time" or "free day", no activities would be planned for you and your English-speaking tour guide and driver would not be present.
- Lotus Travel highly recommends clients to purchase travel insurance. The Travel Plus Plan offered by the Travelex Insurance Company has excellent travel benefits and children 15 and under are free of charge when traveling with an adult.
- You need to apply for your Chinese visa 3 months before the trip. Please visit our website at http://www.lotustours.net/visas/china.shtml for detailed visa information and contact our visa agent – Vicky at firstname.lastname@example.org for any visa questions
- Balance is due 60 days before departure.