English    |    French

China Visa Application FAQs

Q: Does Lotus Travel accept visa applications from all 50 states?
A: Yes. We accept applications from all 50 states. Non-citizens with a permanent residence card (Green card) can also apply through us.

Q: Does the Chinese Consulate accept applications by mail?

A: No. All applications must be submitted either in person or via a visa service courier.

Q: When should China travelers apply for visas?
A: Since tourist visas issued by the Chinese Consulate are now valid for up to ten years from the issue date, applicants can start applying three months before departure and must have a minimum of one year of validity remaining on your passport. For families traveling for adoption purposes, it is best to apply shortly after the receipt of an adoption referral. Contact us at info@lotustours.net for any questions.  

Q: What documents are required for adult applicants?

A: A signed and completed application form, one 2"x2" standard passport photo with a clear and light background and the original American passport. Former Chinese citizens need to also submit their original Chinese passports unless there is proof of a previously issued visa.

Q: What documents are required for applicants who are 18 and under?
A: Children who are American born need to submit a copy of the birth certificate in addition to the application form, passport photo and the original American passport. For Chinese born children, a copy of the Chinese birth certificate and the original Chinese passport are also required.

Q: Should children sign their own applications?
A: Parents are recommended to sign for their kids if your children are young. Please sign your name first and your child's name behind or up and over your name.

Q: How can non-American citizens apply for visas?
A: The applicant needs to submit a signed and completed application form, the original birth country passport and a copy of the permanent residence card.

Q: How long is the visa application process?

A: Allow 14 business days for regular processing; expedited process takes around 4 to 7 regular days. Please send a self-addressed mailing package (Fedex or UPS) so the passports with visa stamp can be returned to you via secure mailing service.

Q: How long can the traveler stay in China?
A: A Chinese tourist visa may be issued with a maximum stay of up to 60 days.  The actual duration granted is at the discretion of the Chinese Consulate.

Q: What kinds of payments are accepted?

Q: Where should applicants send their application packages?
Depending on where you live will dictate where to mail it.  Click mailing instructions to review details for mailing.

Lotus Travel, Inc. 5390 Col De Vars Pl NW, Issaquah, WA 98027 1-800-956-8873 Privacy policy

©Copyright 1995-2019. All Rights Reserved to Lotus Travel Inc.